Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I become a member of United Rheumatology?
Your practice completes The Annual Practice Membership Agreement. Click on the “Membership” tab to complete the agreement. The documents include a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with united Rheumatology, necessary for HIPAA.
2. I have completed the Annual Practice Membership Agreement. Are there any other agreements that I must complete?
Yes. RevMD powers the technology for the United Rheumatology/ MDI Data Project. Your practice completes The” RevMD” Agreements.
Click on the “Data Project ” tab to learn about the Project and complete the agreements. If you need assistance call Amanda Byrnes @ 631-404-9010.
3. Included with the agreements that I sign is a business associate agreement (BAA). Why do I sign a BAA with United Rheumatology, MDI, and RevMD?
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), a business associate agreement is a document you are required to enter into with any third party (non-practice member or employee) that may have access to patient protected health information (PHI). Since United Rheumatology, MDI, and RevMD, our data technicians, may be performing functions on behalf of your organization that involve the use or disclosure of PHI you are required to enter into a business associate agreement in accordance with HIPAA.
4. I signed a Subscription Document to become an LLC investor. Am I now a member of United Rheumatology, entitled to the services, benefits and opportunities?
The document you signed to become an investor is called a Subscription Agreement for Subscribers of Units. The document that your practice will sign to use United Rheumatology’s services is the Annual Practice Membership Agreement. These are two different documents. Investors are not entitled to the services, benefits and opportunities as a consequence of being shareholders. Investors must also become Annual Practice Members to access the services etc.
5. My practice includes partners and employees. I am employing physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Some are employed full time and others part time. What are the fees and how will my practice be charged?
The practice will be charged $2,500 for each full time equivalent practitioner (FTE) and $1,250 for each part time practitioner. Practitioners are defined as physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. The fees are charged regardless of whether the practitioner is an employee or owner.
6. Does the membership fee vary based upon the number of practitioners in the practice?
While United Rheumatology services are available to practices of all sizes, we recognize our services may not benefit all practices uniformly.
Larger practices for example may have already leveraged their size to achieve efficiencies in group purchasing and health plan contracting.
As such, United Rheumatology offers a reduced membership fee for larger practices. . While smaller practices are not be eligible for the large practice discount, the continued participation of larger practices in United Rheumatology enables our smaller practices to achieve the same best pricing typically accorded to only large practices by vendors and drug distributors.
7. Must my practice avail itself of all of the services, opportunities, and benefits that United Rheumatology offers?
No, You are free to choose from our list of services, opportunities, and benefits.
8. Do I have to pay the entire membership fee at one time?
You may pay in full, or quarterly. United Rheumatology accepts credit card payments.
9. After I complete the Annual Practice Membership Agreement, what will happen next?
You will receive an email confirming your membership, and you will be contacted by member services. Member services will take the rheumatologist or administrator through a brief practice assessment, and then assist in selecting the services and benefits that are appropriate for your practice.
Additionally, a CuraScript SD representative will contact you to discuss participation in the United Rheumatology GPO.
10. I am interested in Revenue Cycle Management. What savings can I expect, and just how does this work?
American Rheumatology, our revenue cycle partner, is committed to providing superlative service at competitive rates to our membership. Contact Lynette Byrnes @ 631-334-6296 for the details. The savings and other financial aspects will vary depending on the scope of services selected.
11. I am interested in acquiring an EMR and PMS for my practice. TSI Healthcare, an EMR vendor, is listed as one of your preferred vendors. Can you describe further?
TSI Healthcare provides support and sales for the NextGen practice management and electronic medical records technology. When a United Rheumatology member becomes a new TSI customer, TSI will provide a 25% price reduction off the prevailing TSI Healthcare pricing. If you are already a TSI Healthcare customer, TSI will contact you to review the specifics of your current agreement, and will inform you of a new value proposition for your benefit.
Not a member?
If you are interested in joining United Rheumatology, please click here to complete a membership application. Questions? You can contact a Member Solutions Representative at email@example.com, or by calling 631-656-7199.