By Andrew L. Concoff, MD, FACR, CAQSM In Part II of this series, we continue the countdown of the list of what we need to overcome the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We seem at this stage in the outbreak to be at an awkward transition phase. Some communities have already borne the brunt of … Read more 19 Things We Need to Conquer the COVID-19 Pandemic: Part 2
This is part of a series looking at different practices of all sizes and locations, and how they are all dealing with issues during this pandemic. By Jeff R. Peterson, MD Our clinic is a three doctor and one nurse practitioner practice that has been in operation for three years in the north end of … Read more Greetings From Washington State!
By Andrew L. Concoff, MD, FACR, CAQSM In response to numerous conversations with both UR members and friends, I have created a list to summarize our views of the required elements of a comprehensive strategy to turn the tide of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States. First, a few caveats. This endeavor may be … Read more 19 Things We Need to Conquer the COVID-19 Pandemic: Part 1
This is the first of a series looking at different practices of all sizes and locations, and how we are all dealing with issues during this pandemic. It’s modeled after the round table discussions during UR’s recent national videoconference. By Mark E. Pearson, MD, FACR We have a four physician practice in between Milwaukee and … Read more Greetings From Wisconsin!
Additional Resources For Rheumatologists
- The CDC provides information to lead practice leaders through a risk assessment.
It can be accessed at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/assess-manage-risk.html.
- An algorithmic approach to decision making in such circumstances can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/public-health-management-decision-making.pdf.
- An example of how one member practice is communicating with their patients and staff: Practice Document.pdf
- Guiding Principles from the American College of Rheumatology for Scarce Resource Allocation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Case of Hydroxychloroquine
- Strategies to Optimize the Supply of PPE and Equipment
Dr. Alvin Wells, a UR Medical Policy Committee Member answers questions on converting to Telemedicine for the Rheumatologist