This is part of a series looking at different practices of all sizes and locations, and how they are all dealing with issues during this pandemic. By Carlos M. Alonso, MD, RhMSUS We have a 5-physician practice serving the South Florida community for 20 years. We have dealt with natural weather disasters, but none of … Read more Greetings From Florida!
This is part of a series looking at different practices of all sizes and locations, and how they are all dealing with issues during this pandemic. By Suneya G. Hogarty, DO, FACOI We are a multi-specialty practice with one rheumatologist and one NP, who primarily sees rheumatology patients. We practice in rural eastern North Carolina, … Read more Greetings From North Carolina!
By Andrew L. Concoff, MD, FACR, CAQSM In Part III of this series, we continue the countdown of the list of what we need to overcome the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic. In this installment, we turn to issues of testing and the policy that flows from testing data. Pandemic public health policy requires absolute … Read more 19 Things We Need to Conquer the COVID-19 Pandemic: Part 3
This is part of a series looking at different practices of all sizes and locations, and how they are all dealing with issues during this pandemic. By Doug Smith, MD Today, I am sitting in my office at 2:30 pm with little to do other than a feeble attempt to write this synopsis. I am … Read more Greetings From Indiana!
Additional Resources For Rheumatologists
- The CDC provides information to lead practice leaders through a risk assessment.
It can be accessed at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/assess-manage-risk.html.
- An algorithmic approach to decision making in such circumstances can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/public-health-management-decision-making.pdf.
- An example of how one member practice is communicating with their patients and staff: Practice Document.pdf
- Guiding Principles from the American College of Rheumatology for Scarce Resource Allocation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Case of Hydroxychloroquine
- Strategies to Optimize the Supply of PPE and Equipment
Dr. Alvin Wells, a UR Medical Policy Committee Member answers questions on converting to Telemedicine for the Rheumatologist