Universal precautions in health care settings, Face Shields, Transmissibility As we move into colder weather months we wanted to take a moment to review what we have learned so far about the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and what factors increase transmission. It appears that the most important factors are physical distance and duration of contact. Also … Read more Cassie and Len Calabrese’s Covid-19 Corner: Issue #16
Amidst the COVID-19 craziness, do not forget about influenza vaccination As flu season quickly approaches we want to take a moment to highlight the importance of getting this years’ (and every years’) flu shot – a thought that may currently be on the back burner for patients and even some health care workers given everything … Read more Cassie and Len Calabrese’s Covid-19 Corner: Issue #15
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) onMedicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Billing
COVID-19 Updates – a Potpourri of what we learned over the past 2 weeks We write today after a two-week hiatus and we wish we had brighter news of an effective vaccine ready for approval or effective treatment for COVID-19. While we don’t have anything groundbreaking to share we do feel there is some light … Read more Cassie and Len Calabrese’s COVID-19 Corner: Issue #14
Additional Resources For Rheumatologists
- Current Progress in Adapting Practices to COVID-19 Dr.Laster
- The CDC provides information to lead practice leaders through a risk assessment.
It can be accessed at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/assess-manage-risk.html.
- An algorithmic approach to decision making in such circumstances can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/public-health-management-decision-making.pdf.
- An example of how one member practice is communicating with their patients and staff: Practice Document.pdf
- Guiding Principles from the American College of Rheumatology for Scarce Resource Allocation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Case of Hydroxychloroquine
- Strategies to Optimize the Supply of PPE and Equipment
Dr. Alvin Wells, a UR Medical Policy Committee Member answers questions on converting to Telemedicine for the Rheumatologist