By Andrew L. Concoff, MD, FACR, CAQSM The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has altered the landscape of the practice of Rheumatology. United Rheumatology is closely monitoring the situation and has put together this initial communication to summarize several considerations toward coping with the new reality confronted by our members and their patients. It should be … Read more Managing a Rheumatology Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Additional Resources For Rheumatologists
- Current Progress in Adapting Practices to COVID-19 Dr.Laster
- The CDC provides information to lead practice leaders through a risk assessment.
It can be accessed at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/assess-manage-risk.html.
- An algorithmic approach to decision making in such circumstances can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/public-health-management-decision-making.pdf.
- An example of how one member practice is communicating with their patients and staff: Practice Document.pdf
- Guiding Principles from the American College of Rheumatology for Scarce Resource Allocation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Case of Hydroxychloroquine
- Strategies to Optimize the Supply of PPE and Equipment
Dr. Alvin Wells, a UR Medical Policy Committee Member answers questions on converting to Telemedicine for the Rheumatologist